How to Keep Your Car Cool in the Summer
The sweltering summer temperatures can make your Denver commute feel like a trip to the sauna, so learning how to keep your car cool in the summer is key. By adjusting your driving habits and investing in some accessories, you can keep the heat at bay all season long. Learn our top tips and tricks from the service team, and keep your car cool this summer!
Tips to Keep Your Car Cool
Say goodbye to scorching steering wheels and muggy cabin air with the following:
- Park in the Shade: When you’re parking in Aurora, look for shaded spots. This can dramatically reduce the temperature in your cabin.
- Purchase a Sunshade or Window Visors: Can’t find a shaded spot in an open parking lot? Break out your sunshade or window visor to bring the shade to you. Pick one up at our parts department.
- Park in a Covered Area: If you have access to a covered spot or garage, that’s even better. This can help protect your paint from UV damage while reducing the heat in your car.
- Cover the Steering Wheel & Dashboard: Your dashboard and steering wheel can absorb heat and burn your hands on hot days, so considering buying an inexpensive cover. Cloth steering wheel covers and dash covers are quick fixes to improve your comfort.
- Crack Open the Windows: Cracking the windows just lets in a tiny amount of air, but this small bit of ventilation can make all the difference. But if you’re leaving your car unattended for a longer period of time, leave the windows up for security reasons.
- Protect the Leather Surfaces: Leather seats can also get hot in the summer sun, and the UV rays can bleach or dry out your seats. A simple seat cover can take the edge off the summer sun.
- Get Tinted Windows: If you’re tired of dealing with glare, tinting your windows can be a great choice. Check your local laws to see what level of tint is allowed on the Broomfield roads.
- Let Your Car Cool Before Driving: If your car has been sitting in the sun, open up all the doors and let the cooler air flow through. This will speed up the ventilation of your cabin, so you can get comfortable faster.
Get More Car Care Tips from Fisher Acura!
Still have questions about how to keep your car cool in the summer? Want to schedule your next service? Fisher Acura is here for all of your summertime essentials. Contact us or visit us in Boulder!
More from Fisher Acura
Colorado Drivers Can Breathe Easy: Acura Leads the Pack in 2024 Safety Imagine cruising through Colorado’s breathtaking landscapes with the confidence of knowing you’re in one of the safest vehicles on the road. That’s the peace of mind Acura drivers in the state of Colorado enjoy, thanks to the brand’s unwavering commitment to safety innovation….
Acura’s 2024 TLX – Elevating Performance, Safety, and Comfort for Colorado Mountain and Snow Drivers Fisher Acura proudly announces the arrival of the enhanced 2024 Acura TLX Sport Sedan, setting new standards for sport sedans with its upgraded styling, advanced in-car technology, and enhanced cabin comforts. With a starting MSRP of $45,000, this refreshed model…
What Makes The 2024 Acura Integra Type S A Good Winter Car? The 2024 Acura Integra Type S is more than just a track star. It’s also a surprisingly capable winter car, thanks in part to its helical limited-slip differential (LSD). What is a limited-slip differential? A limited-slip differential is a type of differential that…