How to Keep Your Car Cool in Summer
When your vehicle has been sitting in the summer heat, the last thing you want to do is step inside. The overwhelmingly hot air and seats can make even the shortest drives feel torturous. But, when you have an errand to run, it’s a necessary evil. Fortunately, there are ways to help keep your luxury car cool in summer. Read on to get a few tips from Fisher Acura’s service and parts center, so you can travel more comfortably in summer.
Tips for Keeping Your Car Cool
Follow these steps to mitigate the effects of the heat:
- Park in the Shade: Parking in a shaded area is a good way to keep the temperature in your car as low as possible.
- Purchase a Sunshade or Window Visors: If you can’t find a shaded area, a sunshade or window visors will come in handy. You can also purchase a sunshade for your rear window.
- Park in a Covered Area: If you have access to a garage, rather than just a shaded parking spot under a tree, that’s even better. Park in a garage to protect your vehicle from sunlight.
- Cover the Steering Wheel & Dashboard: The pain of getting into a car during the summer and burning yourself on hot vinyl is real. You can purchase a cloth steering wheel cover, so you don’t burn your hands. Dash covers are also a good way to protect your car’s surfaces from sun damage.
- Crack Open the Windows: Crack your windows to allow air to move through your car’s cabin. Don’t roll the windows down too much if you’re leaving your car unattended for any amount of time.
- Protect the Leather Surfaces: In summer, leather can get very hot to the touch, and too much sun exposure can fade the material. Cloth seat covers will protect your leather during the summer.
- Get Tinted Windows: Tinted windows are a good way to reduce the temperature of your car’s cabin. Make sure you check the laws in your state before you purchase tinted windows.
- Let Your Car Cool Before Driving: If you can, open the car doors and let your car cool off before heading out for a drive. This will help move the warm air out of the cabin, and allow the cooler air to move in.
Get More Car Care Tips from Fisher Acura!
Do you have more questions about how to keep your car cool in the summer? Or, are you looking for genuine Acura OEM parts like window visors or sunshades? The service team at Fisher Acura can help! Contact us online or call us at (303) 998-6295, and while you’re here, browse our service specials for the latest offers.