How to Remove the Smell of Smoke from Your Car’s Upholstery
Purchasing a used car in Boulder is a smart investment, providing you with a good set of wheels at a price that won’t break the bank. But if your car’s previous owner was a smoker, you may notice a lingering smell inside. Learn how to remove the smell of smoke from your car’s upholstery, carpet, and entire cabin with a few easy steps. Drive with pride with help from Fisher Acura!
How to Remove the Smoke Smell from Carpet and Upholstery
If you have cloth upholstery, grab a box of baking soda and vacuum, and get ready for a fresher scent every time you drive through Aurora.
- Start by vacuuming the carpet and upholstery as thoroughly as possible, getting under the seats and in between the crevices as well. Old ash could be hiding in spots you can’t see, so do your best to clean from all angles.
- Once clean, sprinkle baking soda all over the upholstery and the carpet, letting it sit for as long as you can manage. The longer it sits, the more the odor the baking soda can capture and neutralize.
- When ready, vacuum up the baking soda completely. This should help with the smell, but if not, repeat the process until the air is clear. You can also leave an open box of baking soda in your vehicle overnight to help absorb the smell further.
How to Remove the Smoke Smell From Leather and Trim
Smoke can be harmful to leather surfaces, and requires special cleansers to remove smell and residue.
- Find a special cleaner that’s specifically formulated for the surface you are planning on cleaning. There are cleansers specifically made for leather and trim, as well as your car’s dashboard. Check your owner’s manual for product recommendations.
- Using a clean cloth, apply the cleanser to all surfaces, wiping over the affected areas several times. Because smoke can get deep within the leather surface, you may need to repeat this process to fully remove the scent.
What About Other Areas in Your Car?
Believe it or not, other surfaces in your car can also hold onto smoke. Be sure to thoroughly clean your windows and windshields, and change your air filter as well. This will help remove any smell that has permeated through the air vents, eliminating any undesirable smells.
Find a Great Pre-Owned Vehicle in Boulder
At Fisher Acura, we’re confident we can help you find a quality pre-owned vehicle that will make your daily Broomfield commute comfortable. If you need any service assistance, be sure to schedule service with our certified technicians who can answer all your questions and get you back on the road in no time. Take advantage of our current service specials to save even more on your next visit! While you’re here, check out our selection auto blogs, including our guide to identifying icons on your tire pressure monitor.