You can maintain your Acura ILX in Denver, whether from regular wear or dusty camping trips by learning how to clean car seats. With a vacuum cleaner, microfiber towels, and soft-bristled brushes, you can clean them from home in Aurora. Find out how to clean car seats with Fisher Acura.
How to Clean Car Seats: DIY Cleaning Agents for Cloth Seats
- Baking Soda: Mix ¼ cup of baking soda and 1 cup of warm water together. Use a soft-bristle brush to scrub out tough stains. Let sit 30 minutes, then blot away the stain.
- Vinegar: Combine 1 cup of vinegar, a few drops of dish soap, and a gallon of hot water. Dab onto the seats and scrub with a brush. Use clean water and a microfiber towel to remove the dirt and suds.
- Club Soda: Use a spray bottle to apply a light layer of club soda to the fabric, and a soft-bristle brush to scrub out the stains. Be sure to wipe away the dirt as it comes to the surface.
- Laundry Detergent: Mix detergent with hot water and apply the solution with a spray bottle or sponge. Use cold water on a microfiber cloth to scrub and wipe the dirt away.
How to Clean Car Seats: Cloth
- Vacuum the seat surfaces and cracks.
- Open the doors or windows for ventilation. Spray the cleaning solution onto the seats without soaking them.
- Use a brush to massage the cleaning solution into the fabric.
- Working quickly, wipe suds out of the fabric with the microfiber towel.
- Continue this process until you are satisfied with the condition of your seats.
- Vacuum the seats once more to speed the drying process. Let the seats finish drying before driving around Broomfield.
How to Clean Leather Car Seats
To learn how to clean leather car seats, check your owner’s manual for specific instructions. Use only cleaning agents that are safe for leather: leather cleaner, saddle soap, or 1 part white vinegar/2 parts linseed oil solution.
- Vacuum the seats and cracks.
- Spray your leather cleaner on the microfiber towel to wipe the seats clean, removing surface dirt and oils.
- For perforated leather seats, spray onto the brush to apply to the seats, gently scrubbing the surface with the brush.
- Wipe the seats with a dry microfiber towel.
Learn How to Maintain Your Acura with Fisher Acura
Now that you know how to clean leather car seats and cloth ones, learn more ways to keep your Acura in great shape at home with Fisher Acura!