Does Car Insurance Cover Hail Damage?
What Does Full Car Insurance Cover?
In order to know if you’ll have coverage for hail damage, you first have to know the answer to what does full car insurance cover. While every driver is required by law to have liability insurance, this only covers damages to another vehicle if you are responsible for an accident. When you opt for “full coverage auto insurance” your coverage will be under its own single plan that encompasses liability insurance, collision insurance, and comprehensive insurance for even more peace of mind. Take a look at what each policy covers:
- Liability Insurance: As the only legally required car insurance policy, liability insurance takes care of the injuries and damages incurred by another driver/vehicle in the event of an accident in which you’re the driver at fault.
- Collision Insurance: Collision insurance will help cover the cost of damages to your vehicle in the event of an accident, even if you’re the driver at fault.
- Comprehensive Insurance: Finally, comprehensive insurance is a policy that will cover any damage to your vehicle that was not caused by an accident, such as hail damage, a fallen tree, fire damage, theft, and more.
How to Prevent Hail Damage
Along with having the right plan in place to have your back if you have any hail damage, you can also take small steps to protect your vehicle and prevent it from being impacted by the elements. Here are some quick and easy tips on how to prevent hail damage:
- Don’t have a garage you can park your car in during a hail storm? Depending on where you live and how much parking space you have available, temporary carports are a great option. There are lots of inexpensive, easy-to-build options on the market.
- Do you receive weather alerts on your phone? If you have a smartphone, tablet, smartwatch, or another device that can receive inclement weather alerts, you may be able to find out about an incoming hail storm before it’s too late.
- Cover your car with blankets or a car cover. Depending on the size of the hail, this may not prevent damage entirely, but it can lessen the impact.
- If you’re on the road in Broomfield when a hail storm hits, you should pull over to a covered lot, such as a gas station or parking garage, as soon as possible. This will not only help to prevent damage, but also keep you out of harm’s way.
- Use your floor mats: It’s a last ditch effort, but most floor mats are actually pretty thick, especially if you’ve replaced the original carpeted ones with heavy-duty rubber. If nothing else, it can help save a good portion of your hood from dents and scratches.
Find Dependable Acura Service at Fisher Acura
Now that you know the answer to does insurance cover hail damage to cars and even how to prevent hail damage, you can find more service features at Fisher Acura such as why your car is leaking, what TPMS means, and what happens if you don’t change your oil. You can even find other features like how to get a lower interest rate on a car loan. If you have hail damage, you can also save when you take advantage of our service specials to get you back on the road. Contact us today to schedule an appointment near Broomfield!
More from Fisher Acura
There are many ways to sport a stunning new luxury crossover SUV around Denver, and you can find them all in one place with the new lineup of 2023 Acura MDX Packages. You’ll find exciting choices like the Acura MDX Technology Package or Acura MDX Advance Package which come with their own distinct features all…
If you’re looking for the perfect high-end crossover SUV to sport on Denver streets then you want one that offers excellent fuel savings, and that’s just what you’ll find with the new 2023 Acura MDX mpg ratings. With a base fuel economy rating of 19 mpg city/25 mpg highway* along with many other great capabilities,…
A sleek luxury sedan can be perfect for your Denver and Aurora drives, and that’s why you’re sure to have any of the new 2023 Acura Integra configurations at the top of your list. With three high-end models to choose from that come with great pricing and their own signature features, there’s a lot to…