What Do The Lights On My Dashboard Mean?
Each light on the dashboard of your vehicle has a different meaning. It is a good idea to know what each light means so that you’re safe on the roads of Aurora. Aside from the typical check engine, battery charge, oil pressure warning, and tire pressure system lights, though important, there are plenty of other lights that most people don’t see very often and don’t know the meaning of. Read on to learn more about these dashboard warning lights, and if your vehicle is in need of service, our highly skilled technicians can help.
The Lights & Their Meanings
- Coolant Temp Warning – When your coolant levels are off, your fan isn’t working properly, or if the coolant is leaking, this light will come on.
- Service Vehicle – Usually this light comes on when an electrical issue occurs.
- Reduced Power Warning – If you see this, it is important to have your engine inspected. This light means that an engine component is not operating as it should.
- Cruise Control – When you use cruise control, this light will stay illuminated until you turn the system off.
- Brake System – This light means there’s an issue with your brakes, the brake fluid is low, or there’s an ABS problem.
- Traction Control or ESP – This light means the electronic stability system of your vehicle is engaged.
Safe & Informative:
- Security Alert – If your ignition switch is locked, or a door is left ajar, this light will indicate either the tech malfunction or alert you of the open door.
- Fog Lamp – This light will alert you to the fact that your brights are on.
- Airbag Fault – Normally this light lets you know that there is an issue with the airbag system. Be sure you bring your vehicle to the Fisher Acura service center as soon as possible.
- Washer Fluid Reminder – This light indicates that your washer fluid is low and needs to be refilled.
Visit Fisher Acura Today
If you notice that any of the lights on your dashboard are now illuminated, stop by the Fisher Acura service center to let our team diagnose the problem. We want to help you get back on the roads of Boulder safely and as soon as possible. Contact us today with any questions.